Carnegie Inn & Spa, State College, PA has a rare opportunity for a seasoned General Manager. This 20 room boutique AAA Four Diamond awarded property includes a fine dining venue and a full service spa. Located directly off the 17th green of Toftrees golf course, the property also features outdoor fire pits, recreational lodge which includes a fitness room, outdoor pool, bbq grills and outdoor seating.
POSITION: General Manager – AAA Four Diamond Property
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Chief Operating Officer
SKILLS REQUIRED: Strong sales, supervisory and communication skills. Must be able to lead by example.
DRESS CODE: A professional appearance required.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES: Responsible to ownership for the efficient and effective operation of the hotel. Guides and directs the hotel supervisors and line staff to achieve established goals and objectives. Ensures total guest satisfaction through employee training, motivation and supervision.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for establishing, in conjunction with ownership, budgetary goals based on the hotel’s potential and business plan.
- Responsible for the selection, coordination and delegation of authority to all supervisory staff. Hires new employees, ensures that training is conducted thoroughly and appropriately, and discharges employees when necessary.
- Represents the hotel in public affairs and builds good will for the property.
- Forecasts business trends and provides reasoning and cures for situations where improvement is needed.
- Motivates and instills excellence in all employees through leadership.
- Develop standards of service and job performance for each hotel department.
- Develop and implement a formal training program for all new-hire employees, for each job classification.
- Establish rate strategies based on current and historical market mix. Rate positioning should be reviewed, monitored, and adjusted accordingly on a daily basis, and in conjunction with business forecasts. Yield management strategies are to be communicated to the front desk on a daily basis.
- Business trends should be forecasted and updated weekly for a 10, 30, and 90 day period. Rate positioning should be adjusted immediately in reaction to forecast trends.
- Inspect a minimum of 5 rooms per day with the Housekeeper. Ensure immediate corrective action is taken on deficiencies noted. Ensure deficiencies are documented. Provide praise for excellent work and for noted improvement.
- Walk the property grounds and walkways a minimum of 3 times per day, ensuring prompt correction of problems noted. Take time when possible to speak with each employee and thank them for being part of your team.
- You are to oversee the sales and marketing efforts at your property.
- Complete the daily, weekly and monthly accounting and management reporting. This should include a review of the night audit reports. Ensure that staff handles accounting and cash handling in accordance with hotel’s policies and procedures.
- Conduct monthly meetings with the line staff – one with the front desk and another with the housekeeping and maintenance staff. The meetings should communicate important information on the hotel’s direction and how it relates to the employees. There should be an opportunity for the employees to give feedback to management. The meetings should instill a sense of team among the employees. Finally, general refresher training should be conducted to reinforce the hotel’s commitment to excellent service.
- Attend Chamber of Commerce, local hotel association, and other civic organization functions on a regular basis to build networking opportunities, and to represent the hotel’s interests in local issues.
- Coordinate and supervise upgrades and renovations to the hotel property when needed. Put out to bid any major repairs or replacement projects.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor and which you feel need to be done in the daily operations of the hotel.
- Follow guidelines as out lined in General Manager Policies & Procedures and in the Employee Handbook.
Contact Information: Edward Tubbs, Chief Operating Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Send resume to: email@example.com